Senior Citizens New Year Party 2020
Say it with Flowers at the
Community Centre –
Thursday 12th December at 3.00pm
Table Tennis sessions
- Pay and Play Table Tennis sessions – please contact us to book if you would like to come and have a game or two
- £2 per table. Equipment available to borrow
- Pop in and see if there is a table available
- Regular Table Tennis Sessions every Friday between 1.30pm and 3.30pm
“Say it with flowers and love” will be holding flower arranging classes for the elderly and those who are living with dementia at the Community Centre starting in September. This is a social activity where people who are isolated due to illness can come to meet others of like-mind with a family member or a carer. Please see details below.
COMING SOON FOR 2020
Please scroll down to see some of our successful past events at the Community Centre.
The Community Centre hosted a photographic exhibition in August which featured photographs taken by local residents of the surrounding areas. The exhibition was attended and enjoyed by many villagers. We are hoping to host another similar event next year possibly widening our scope to include The World !!!
What a great day was had at this year’s Common Have A Go. The sun shone for us, and everyone had a great time. It was great to see so many people out enjoying themselves, sampling the food & drink, and visiting the various stalls and activities.
- Senior Citizens’ Community Party – Sunday 13th January 2019 – 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Thank you to everyone that came along and joined in at the Senior Citizen’s Party on Sunday 13th January. It was great to see people getting together, enjoying themselves and having a good time. We really appreciate all of the lovely comments and feedback that we have received. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved:- staff, volunteers, the Scouts, and a big ‘Thank You’ to Keith Dixon who very kindly donated funds towards the costs, to enable us to offer it as a free event.
- The food was delightful and the entertainment was really exciting
- Much cosier in this room which improved the party atmosphere . We joined in the singing – very very enjoyable
- The food was excellent, both in variety and quality
- The entertainment was good and encouraged audience participation
- I met someone who has a lot in common with me and we swapped details
- A big ‘thank you’ to our kind sponsors
- We were very well looked after
- Lovely afternoon. Entertainment was great. Keep singing Leiah.
- Thanks to all of the scouts and guides for waiting on the tables
- Thank you for everything. It was all excellent !